- Direct measurement of surface strain
- Quick and non-destructive assembly with magnetic press-on technology
- High accuracy and linearity in tension and pressure (like bonded strain gauges)
- Ideal for use on presses, injection-moulding and die-casting machines
- Application on tie bars with a diameter of 45mm or higher and flat surfaces
- Dynamic applications
- Without amplifier (passive)
The magnetic strain gauge sensor QE1008-W measure the surface-strain directly at the mounting location in the same quality as bonded strain gages.
The magnetic press-on technology, developed by Sensormate AG, presses the strain gauges under the stainless protective film so strongly against the surface to be measured that frictional contact occurs.
The mounting of the sensor is non-destructive, very fast and simple.